Don’t Drug Grandma: Relieving Pain and Agitation Without Sedation
SPEAKER: ELIZABETH LANDSVERK MD
Dementia is a challenging disease. Agitation is even more confusing.
- How do we know when to treat pain?
- How do we treat pain?
- Is Ativan OK? Is Motrin OK?
- How do we stop the agitation?
- What do we do if music does not work?
I don’t want my loved one sedated. What to do?
Dr Landsverk presents a TED Talk rehearsal on medications in elders; discussion to follow.
SELECT AN OPTION:
- RSVP for a scheduled talk (see Upcoming Event Dates below)
- Submit a request to host this presentation of critical information for your community.
Upcoming Event Dates
Time: 1:30-3:30 PM
Location: Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center: El Toro Room – 17000 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill, CA
RSVP: Loma Clara (669) 258-3500 or the Morgan Hill Senior Center (408) 782-1284
Sponsor: Loma Clara Senior Living and The Morgan Hill Centennial Recreation Senior Center