NURSE PRACTITIONER FOR OUR EXPANDING TEAM!
San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for the best to join ElderConsult Geriatric Medicine’s expanding team. We are in search of a Full time (or possibly part time) Nurse Practitioner based in the San Francisco Bay Area. ElderConsult cares for geriatric patients in a unique way: we visit patients where they reside. Home, hospital, assisted living community, nursing home, board and care-wherever they are. We coordinate expert geriatric medicine with education, support, and sensitive care that takes into account not only patients, but also families and caregivers. We specialize in treating the behavioral problems that so often occur with dementia. Our goal is to make a positive difference to families in crisis, and you can help.
We are seeking an experienced nurse practitioner to be part of this pioneering practice. The successful candidate will have excellent medical credentials and will be comfortable working independently and thinking creatively. The NP will be making house calls in areas around the San Francisco Bay Area, managing schedules, treating patients and responding to patient and family calls.
Our Nurse Practitioner must have strong clinical, communication and computer skills, and be comfortable working with a frail geriatric population and with families under stress. He/she must be open to growing the business to increase both income and the visibility of ElderConsult’s unique services by networking in the community and giving talks to senior care groups.
Other important qualifications include:
- 2 years experience as a nurse practitioner, preferably working with frail, elderly patients, handling chronic and preventive care required. Experience dealing with geropsychiatric issues highly desirable.
- Current Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably Geriatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Current California RN license and Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Current CPR for Health Professional Certification.
- California Nurse Practitioner furnishing license and DEA license with schedule II prescribing privileges or requisite pharmacology courses to attain license after 6-month supervised practice from MD.
- MS degree in nursing with specialization as a geriatric or adult nurse practitioner.
- Experience either working with homebound elderly or working in a highly independent setting is mandatory, as you will take primary responsibility for your own patients, with telephone consultations & support by an ElderConsult MD, in most cases, after initial orientation with MD and Senior NP.
Elizabeth Landsverk, M.D., who founded ElderConsult is triple board certified in Internal, Palliative and Geriatric Medicines, and is currently an Adjunct Professor of Medicine at Stanford University. She has been a Hospice Medical Director and consulted for the San Francisco Elder Abuse Forensics Center and the Elder Abuse Task Force in San Jose. She founded this private medical practice ten years ago to allow her to provide the high level of personal care for her patients that she knew was desperately needed. She is particularly skilled at adjusting the numerous medications many patients are taking, and providing a much better quality of life, which is the Mission of our company.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact:
Irene Dockins, Director of Training and Education ElderConsult Geriatric Medicine firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 650-357-8834 X 4 Cell: 408-799-4409
Administrative Office: 1633 Bayshore Highway Suite 245 Burlingame, CA 94010
ElderConsult is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to serving all patients regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military discharge status, marital status, source of income, housing status or other protected classification.